Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ghostbusters circa 1775 or so

Well, I probably won't have much in the way of new one-page comics until I'm done inking Unpleasant People #4 (whenever THAT is...) since any and all spare time I devote to comics is being devoted to getting that done. In the meantime, I present color-experimentation from my sketchbook.
The four main characters done with watercolor and pens on sketchbook paper

I've been tossing around the idea of doing a supernatural-adventure webcomic about ghost hunters in late 18th Century Vienna.

Why Vienna?

Why not?





Portraits of three of the four main characters done with marker, colored pencils and brush pen.

I've bounced ideas off of a couple friends (thanks, Andy!) and so far don't have a complete script for the first chapter. At this point, I'm not even sure if I'm going to follow through with it at all. However, my almost manic love of ghost stories will probably push me forward on this. It's simmering on the back burner for now.
Concept sketches for various monsters. These vamps don't sparkle.

4 comments:

  1. Cool. I shared the link with my friend Erik Burnham. He writes Ghostbusters for IDW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Blair! Ghostbusters are made of so much win...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for checking it out! And thank you for keeping the Ghostbusters fresh! It's a great comic, keep 'em coming!

      Delete